1. Entry is free.
2. The title of The Photographic Angle’s (“TPA”) current competition theme is shown on the live competition page of the charity’s website.
The theme is open to individual interpretation but entries must showcase how the entrant has used his/her choice of viewpoint to clarify and strengthen their message, adding impact and originality.
We would like to receive an amazing and diverse range of subject matter within this competition and submitted work could include anything from landscapes, architecture, street photography, portraiture, still life and macro images and indeed anything relevant to the theme.
3. Images submitted to TPA competitions can be selected by TPA for inclusion in one of our exhibitions. TPA will cover the cost of exhibiting your work, at its exhibitions, if selected.
4. The charity reserves the right to decline images if the submitted material is deemed inappropriate or offensive (this decision will be made at the sole discretion of the charity). This constitutes the full extent of The Photographic Angle’s involvement in exhibiting such selected artwork.
5. In all instances where matters are at the charity’s discretion, its decision will be final and binding in the matter. The charity will not enter into correspondence concerning such issues.
6. No individual assessments of submitted photographs will be available.
7. If it is found that the copyright of, or other intellectual property rights of any third party have been infringed, then the entrant hereby fully and effectually indemnifies TPA from and against all costs, claims, demands or otherwise arising from any such third-party claims or otherwise.
8. All images submitted must be the sole work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
9. The competition is open to all entrants from all countries. Employees of TPA, as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter. All entrants under the age of 18 years need to seek the consent of their parent and/or guardian to enter.
It is the responsibility of each entrant, plus the entrant’s parent and/or guardian to ensure that they have read and abide by these Rules. By submitting an entry, the entrant and the entrant’s parent and and/or guardian agree to the Rules, that the entry complies with the Rules and that the parent and/or guardian will be liable to TPA and their licensees in respect of any damage or losses incurred as a breach of the Rules by the entrant.
10. TPA may hold and process personal information which you are supplying in relation to your submission.
TPA will only ever use personal details for the sole purpose of identifying them as the author of any entry and for contacting you with regards to your entry.
All the entries will be shared with our independent judge. TPA does this by sending a link to our Dropbox file. We do not share your personal details (name or email address) with the judge. However, should this information be included, by you, in the meta data of your images this information will be shared with the judge.
Once the competition is over and a winner has been selected, TPA will contact the winner by email and request their address. This information will be used for the sole purpose of shipping the prize to the winner.
Your data will be stored by TPA indefinitely or until such a time that you request its deletion. Should you wish to do this please contact TPA’s Data Protection Officer, Cindy John, to make a request email@example.com.
11. Entries should be submitted via TPA’s website. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
12. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries, and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
Entries must not be submitted through agencies or third parties.
13. The theme closes for entries at the time specified on the competition page of TPA’ s website. Entries received after this time and date will not be considered.
14. Entrants may submit up to 5 images relevant to the competition theme. Should entrants attempt to submit more than 5 images, only the first 5 will be considered.
15. All photographs will be considered utilising the following criteria:
- Technical ability
- Creative interpretation
- Relevance to the theme
16. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to TPA. However, by entering the competition process all entrants grant TPA the right to reproduce, without payment, for any purpose at any time in any media, with or without attribution for publicity and promotional purposes in any connection with the charity’s work.
17. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Rules and TPA reserves the right to exclude any entry at any time, and at its absolute discretion if TPA has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these Rules.
18. TPA reserves the right to cancel the competition process or to alter any of the Rules at any stage, for any reason, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise out of its control.
19. Prizes listed on the competition page will be offered to winners, there will be no cash alternatives for these.